https://hiveultimate.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/spiral-01-887x1024.png 0 0 Felix Shardlow https://hiveultimate.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/spiral-01-887x1024.png Felix Shardlow2016-04-06 00:33:292016-04-06 00:33:29Catching / Throwing Technique
Clap catch at chest is most reliable catch when you have time and space Adding ‘touch’ (spin relative to speed) to you throws makes them more stable, and makes them fly slower through the air
Catching / Throwing Technique
- Aim for perfection – both hands touch the center of the disc at the same time, fingers splayed, watch disc into hands
- Use legs to move body / jump / go to ground to get the centre of your chest behind the disc
- Angle of the disc determines which hand goes on top
- When catching at chest, body acts as a backboard in case the catch is slightly missed
- When catching out to the side, your palm/wrist should act as the backboard
Most people have a preferred way of clap catching – practice the other way until you are comfortable with both
- Makes the disc easier to catch
- Means you can lead receivers more by throwing to space
- Inaccuracy is less likely to result in a turnover
- Opens up many more throwing options
Practice adding touch by pulling your arm back as you release your throws
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!